Thursday, March 19, 2015

SAISA Basketball

The SAISA U19 Boys Basketball Tournament is steadily approaching.

This week we are finalizing the traveling team and so we expect a lot of paperwork in the upcoming days. The team is working well together and we are playing regular games on Friday. We have also started working on our new offense and it seems to be quite complicated. luckily, 5 years of Basketball experience comes in handy.

My body has been feeling pretty banged up and bruised recently. 4 times a week practice is quite difficult with my already injured muscles and bones. Over the past years I've had many injures; big and small, that always come back when my body is pushed to it's limits. However, I need to show a higher level of perseverance and be careful with how much I push myself. I tend to be quite injury prone, so I also need to take care when playing full games.

As a veteran player on the squad, I also need to be aware of the examples I set to the younger players. The new bunch seem to be quite immature and I need to make sure that their heads are in game-mode when SAISA comes around.


No comments:

Post a Comment